When you are injured at work, your employer/insurer can either choose to accept the claim as “compensable” or they can deny or “controvert” it. They may choose to pay medical benefits only and then refuse to pay weekly income benefits. They may also choose to controvert or deny the claim completely. If you are not receiving medical treatment or income benefits, you need to contact an attorney.